2. THE GLOBAL LEARNING EXPEDITION
3. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
4. REGISTRATION, SELECTION AND PARTICIPATION
5. EVENT FEES AND PAYMENT
6. PROGRAMME SPECIFIC CONDITIONS
8. TERMS OF USING THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
10. CANCELLATION POLICY
13. CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
14. LEGAL INFORMATION
The Global Learning Expedition is a highly interactive online program enabling students from all backgrounds and profiles to develop intercultural and professional skills from anywhere in the world. Working in interdisciplinary, international teams, students tackle real world challenges and gain career insights by networking with industry and peers.
Petrus Communications (hereafter referred to as ‘Petrus’), has created an online platform for The Global Learning Expedition and is granting access to it for students and recent graduates to register and apply for the programme.
The Global Learning Expedition offers a range of themes and timing. Conditions specific to each programme are published under chapter 6: PROGRAMME SPECIFIC CONDITIONS below.
These Terms & Conditions constitute the agreement between you and Petrus in relation to your use of The Global Learning Expedition Platform (hereafter referred to as ‘Platform’) and/or the related Services (i.e. registration, application, and participation in a programme). By using the Platform and/or the Services, you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, you may not access or use this Platform or any of the Services offered through it.
Petrus reserves the right to modify these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any modifications will be announced to all programme registrants on the email provided by them during registration.
The Global Learning Expedition programme and platform are created and organised by Petrus Communications incorporated under the law of England and Wales, with its headquarters located at Martlet House; E1, Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way; Worthing, BN13 3QZ, United Kingdom.
The Global Learning Expedition is a programme for students of all disciplines and year groups, who are studying for a Bachelors, Masters or PhD-level qualification, or the local equivalent, at a recognised degree awarding institution, such as a University, Grande Ecole, College or Fachochschule on a full -time or part-time basis.
To register and participate, you must be:
Users accessing the Platform should first register and then complete the application process once logged in, for the programme of interest.
Event participation is confirmed only upon receiving the acceptance letter (email), followed by payment if needed, or funding confirmation (see below).
Petrus reserves the right to refuse participation in The Global Learning Expedition programme, refuse access to the Platform, and/or remove access, at any time, without any prior notice.
Petrus may share your data with third parties (companies, organisations and/or universities) wishing to select candidates for the sponsored places they are offering on the programme you have applied for.
Participants can be self-funded, supported by their university or selected via a diverse global process for one of the sponsored places available.
The cost per student may vary per programme, or per student (depending on economic situation, geography, etc). The cost is stated under section 6.
– Only students who have indicated that they wish to pay for a place, and are selected after successful application, and who are not funded by their university, and have not been allocated a sponsored place, will be asked to pay the fee in order to secure their place in the event.
Registration and application do not require any payment or credit card information.
For making payments through the payment platform you will have to provide your credit/debit card details (e.g. credit card number and related verification information), as well as related personal information, such as your name, email ID, address, etc., to the approved payment processing provider(s). In this regard, you agree to provide correct and accurate details to the approved payment processing provider(s) for making payments. You will not use any credit/ debit card or online banking facility which is not lawfully owned by you or for which you have not been given provable authorization to use. Apart from the approved payment processing provider(s), the information provided by you will not be utilized or shared with any third party unless required in relation to fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. You will solely be responsible for the security and confidentiality of the credit/ debit card details. Petrus expressly disclaims all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of your credit/debit card or online banking facility.
You acknowledge and understand that the payment gateway services made available are owned, controlled and provided by the payment processing provider(s) and hence, Petrus does not warrant and in no way will be liable for the timeliness of such services and the receipt of customer payments through such services.
Specific conditions related to future programmes will be published when applications for those programmes are live.
All correspondence on the Platform and with Petrus must be in English.
Any practical or technical questions or comments concerning The Global Learning Expedition programme, platform or processes should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject to your full and perfect compliance with these Terms & Conditions, we grant you a personal, non- exclusive, non-transferable, free of charge and revocable right of access and use of Platform. Any other rights are expressly excluded except otherwise provided in a specific written agreement.
Therefore, you shall not, and shall not authorize a third party to, without limitation,
(i) modify, reproduce, represent, adapt and/or translate all or any part of the Platform and/or related content;
(ii) extract, all or any part of the Platform and/or its content, or create any derivative work from all or part of the Platform and/or its content;
(iii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or transform, in any way the object code of the Platform into source code;
(iv) distribute, sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease or loan in any way the Platform or the right to use the Platform;
(v) delete or modify any droit d’auteur, copyright, trademark or any other proprietary rights relating to the Platform which we or our licensors own; or
(vi) use the Platform for purposes other than those expressly authorized by these Terms & Conditions.
In addition, it is strictly prohibited to
(i) extract, by permanent or temporary transfer, or re-use all or part of the content of our Platform to another medium, by any means and in any form;
(ii) bypass or circumvent any measures employed to prevent or limit access to our Platform;
(iii) link to any portion of our Platform for any purpose; and
(iv) use any device, software or routine that interferes or attempts to interfere with the normal operation of our Platform or take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our equipment.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and also for all the activities which take place under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. Petrus will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your username and/or password. You may not use another person’s account at any time.
When using the Platform, the following applies:
1. You will provide real information about yourself and you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself.
2. We reserve the right to review every new account created before approving it.
3. You will not allow anyone to access your account under any circumstances.
4. You will not solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other members or disseminate another person’s personal information without his or her permission.
5. You will not send or post Spam messages or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise.
6. You will not upload files that contain a virus, worm, Trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another.
7. You will not post or distribute material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful.
8. You will not post or distribute material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise.
9. Your user content must not violate any legal rights of others and you will not collect or store any personal information of other members.
10. Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
11. You must not submit any user content to the Platform that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceeding or other similar compliant.
12. We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our Platform, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our Platform.
13. You acknowledge that all information, text, photographs, images, videos and other content, whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. Petrus will not be liable in any way for the content posted by members and you agree to bear all risks associated with it.
14. Petrus has the right to disclose a user’s identity if there is a claim of intellectual property infringement.
15. In such a case, and at the request of Petrus, you shall provide written confirmation of the ownership of any rights, title and interest in any submission and/or the project(s) developed and presented, including all intellectual property rights in, and embodied by, the submission and/or the project(s) developed and presented during the programme.
16. The organisers (Petrus) do not withhold, nor confer nor protect intellectual property rights in, and embodied by, the project(s) developed and presented during the programme (including, without limitation, all patent rights, design rights, trademarks and copyright).
17. You agree to allow the Promoter to use, represent, reproduce, etc. your name, photograph and recording of your images and words on any kind of medium and format for any kind of internal and external communications by Petrus throughout the world and without any additional remuneration. You will be offered the right to withdraw this permission with a dedicated authorization form supplied ahead of the event.
18. You shall unless expressly authorised in writing by the relevant party, not disclose any confidential information or documentation to third parties and shall only use such confidential information or documentation for purposes of this programme. Upon termination of this programme, the obligations herein relating to confidentiality shall continue in full force and effect for a period of one year.
19. You will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the other accounts, computer systems/networks or any other confidential information through any means.
20. We reserve the rights to monitor the community and we are entitled to review all the content published, at our sole discretion, and remove anything that breaches these Terms & Conditions.
21. We reserve the right to remove any member at any time due to violation of this agreement.
We try to make the Platform accessible at all time, but we cannot warrant that the service will be continuous or without defect.
We reserve the right to modify all or part of the Platform, at any time, including, without limitation, the right to delete, modify and/or vary any elements, features and functions of the Platform.
You recognise that you will be able to use the Platform only if your device has an Internet connection. Traffic or access fees charged to you due to the use of the Platform are subject to the general terms concluded with you Internet Service Provider or mobile network operator. You understand the risks associated with the use of Internet, including, without any limitation, unavailability of the Platform, non-confidentiality or loss of integrity of the data transmitted, potential virus attacks, etc.
Without prejudice to our rights and remedies, we reserve the right to suspend temporarily or permanently your access to the Platform, at any time, without notice in the event you violate any provision herein.
In the event we consider that your use of the Platform is unlawful and/or unauthorised, and/or violates these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to undertake any procedure we deem necessary, including to terminate these Terms & Conditions and to take any legal action.
This Platform may contain links to third-party websites (“external links“). We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these websites before providing any information to them. These websites are subject to the liability of their respective operators. Petrus is not responsible and assumes no responsibility for the contents of any linked website, or for any potential damage arising out of or in connection with the use of any such link. The websites to which links are provided in the Platform are not under the control of Petrus. Access to any other website linked to the Platform is at the user’s own risk.
The creation of external links does not signify that Petrus endorses or agrees with the content of the linked or referenced contents. In the absence of definitive indications of legal violations, Petrus cannot reasonably be expected to perform continuous monitoring of external links. Should legal violations be brought to the Petrus’s attention, however, it will immediately delete such external links.
Individual cancellations made in writing 14 calendar days (Monday to Sunday, including national holidays) prior to the event onboarding date will receive an 85% refund. If a written cancellation request is received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event onboarding, we will first offer the seat to the waiting list (if there is one) and if accepted, the registrant who cancelled will receive an 85% refund*. Otherwise, the registrant will be liable for the entirety of the registration fee, regardless of attendance or absence from the scheduled event.
All cancellations need to be made in writing to email@example.com.
If the event must be cancelled by Petrus for whatever reason, registrants will receive a full refund of any fees paid.
Any refunds will be carried out within 15 working days (Monday to Friday, excluding national holidays).
*All refunds are subject to an obligatory 3.99% transaction charge issued by the payment platform which secures your payments, as well as a processing fee from the organisers, with the remaining 85% being refunded when applicable.
Petrus collect your personal data as listed in the online registration and application forms on the Platform for the purpose of organising the management of the participants of The Global Learning Expedition programme.
To comply GDPR legislation, Petrus, acting as Data Controller and Processor, will ensure that all personal data submitted on The Global Learning Expedition programme will be handled strictly within GDPR guidelines.
In accordance with these current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You also have the right to give your prior consent for marketing and to object to it under the applicable regulations. You can ask for restriction of the use of your data.
Please use this email address firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request.
In no event shall Petrus or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates be liable to you or any person for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of information or programmes or other data on your information handling system) that are related to the use of, or the inability to use, the services and functions of the website or any linked website/mobile application, even if the website provider is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Claims/disputes should be sent within one calendar month of the end of The Global Learning Expedition programme in question by post to Petrus Communications, TusPark, 27 Grainger Street, 1st floor, Newcastle NE1 5JE, United Kingdom, or by email to the email@example.com; please include ‘Dispute’ in the subject header.
Rules are governed by laws of England and Wales. Disputes are subject to jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Registered Address: Martlet House; E1, Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way; Worthing, BN13 3QZ, United Kingdom
Registered Company No: 4063094
Office: TusPark, 27 Grainger Street, 1st floor, Newcastle NE1 5JE, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 7970 904 680